Wednesday 12 October 2016

FOUNDATIONS AND SPF

Ok girls we all know how important it is to find the right foundation for our skin type, and I can tell you I have like many girls have gone through my fair share of foundations, trying to find the right one for me.

But I always end up coming back to my good old faithful Estee Lauder double wear,  I suppose the reason behind it was, I started wearing it about 10 years ago and it lasted all day, especially in the salon where it can be hot and sweaty and I felt like a hot mess, but to look at me or my makeup you would never think it, as always my faithful double wear was perfect and flawless so it stuck with me all these years,
but it has one major flaw which I call the Casper face, yes girls you all know what I'm talking about, you get ready to go out put on your tan, makeup, you look and feel stunning, flawless, amazing, you have a great night, well until you look back at the pictures and boom you have a big white face and here is why.

(Here's the technical science bit)

Now the most common reason for this is Titanium Dioxide which is an ingredient used as a colorant to add whiteness to color cosmetics, Used mainly for the face so it can help to better help cover flaws and imperfections, it is also a very effective ingredient in sunscreen that protect from all UVB and UVA rays, so how it works is by creating a barrier on the skin that scatters the light away, therefore protecting it, now the other ingredient that can cause it is called Zinc Oxide, which is used for the exact same reason as the Titanium Dioxide, only it protects on its on from the entire UV spectrum, but don't worry it's easily solved with a simple solution.

Go for a makeup without an spf, and use a stand alone sun screen specifically designed for under your makeup as a base and primer, I believe clarins and clinique have some excellent products to help along the way.

Any question just leave a comment below or you can contact me via Facebook my details are all here xxx.





No comments:

Post a Comment